This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
This ghost pepperoni pizza dip is going to be the talk of your kid’s party! The ultimate Halloween spooky treat.
Yummy pizza flavors in a fun dip to share with friends.
Don’t kids love everything pizza flavored? I mean, doesn’t everyone love everything pizza flavored? Add some spooky Halloween fun and you have a party on a plate that every kid will be excited about. And the best part about this Ghost pepperoni pizza dip is it just takes a few simple ingredients that are fairly inexpensive and easy to find. In fact, you may already have everything you need at home.
Just set your cream cheese out to come to room temperature, mix a few ingredients together, spread them out, then top them with a few more simple things and then get to creating.
You can decide how creative you want to get with the ghosts for the top or how simple you want the decorations to be. I just make them plain and simple because I’m not much of an artist. And I’m always in a rush with 7 kids around. But every time I make this, my kids are THRILLED!
Simply make a ghost template out of paper or card stock, trim around it with a knife or even scissors on your slices of cheese, dot on a couple of eyes (there are even edible markers you can use for this if you’d like to make it a bit easier) and then set them on top of your dip!
The most complicated part of making this Halloween party dip is deciding what to dip in it. (and that’s not hard at all) Here are some ideas:
- Homemade bones (like you see pictured here) We made ours out of our homemade pretzel recipe
- Pita crisps
- Bagel bites
- Celery and carrot sticks
Of course, the possibilities are endless!
For more spooky Halloween snack ideas, check these out:
Ghost Pepperoni Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 pieces of pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Black icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic, and italian seasoning together, and spread across the bottom of a pie dish.
- Add the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. *For this part, I just shred ½ cup of the sliced mozzarella, so I don’t use two packages of the same type of cheese.
- Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters, and arrange on top of the cheese.
- Spread the sauce across the top.
- Using a paring knife, cut two ghost shapes into each slice of cheese, or use a small cookie cutter if you have one.
- Arrange on top of the sauce.
- Use a toothpick to make eyes on the ghosts with the black icing.
- You can also do this after baking, so it doesn’t spread at all.
- Place pie plate in the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
For more fun Halloween ideas for kids, check these out:
- Halloween costumes made with what you have around the house
- Pumpkin decorating ideas without cutting
- Holidays and special days in daycare
- Pumpkin ideas for kids
- How to participate in the teal pumpkin project
For more party food ideas:
- Rotel Dip with Real Cheese
- 20 Top Healthy Meatball Recipes
- Cheddar Cheese Ball with Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Easy Sausage Ball Recipe (with real food)
- Frozen Meatball Recipe for Bulk Cooking
- Pepperoni Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Pepperoni Pull Apart Bread
- Football Party Food Ideas
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe