This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
This pepperoni pizza rolls recipe merges the beloved flavors of classic pepperoni pizza into bite-sized, portable rolls. They are the perfect easy daycare lunch or even a simple dinner.
Pizza Roll Up
Whether you’re throwing a game-day party, looking for a quick daycare lunch for your daycare kids, or trying to satisfy those late-night pizza cravings, these little treasures offer a burst of gooey cheese, spicy pepperoni, and tangy tomato sauce, all enveloped in a golden, crispy crust.
Kids will love having these pizza flavored roll ups for snack, lunch, or any time. Kids love pizza flavors, am I right? Simple to make with a taste of pizza heaven in every bite.
For more roll up ideas for kids, check these out:
- Ham and Cranberry Roll Ups
- Pepperoni Meatball Roll Ups
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Tuna Roll Ups
- Pepperoni Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Best Pepperoni for Pizza
The “best” pepperoni for pizzas depends on your personal preference, including factors like spice level, smokiness, and texture. There are several brands of pepperoni that are great for making pizza.
- Traditional Pepperoni: This is the most commonly used type of pepperoni in the U.S., made from a mix of pork and beef.
- Pork Pepperoni: Made solely from pork, this type of pepperoni offers a different flavor profile.
- Turkey Pepperoni: A lower-fat alternative to traditional pepperoni but may lack some of the richness.
- Spicy Pepperoni: Comes with added spices for those who like a bit of heat.
Here are some of the best brands to consider:
- Boar’s Head: Known for its high-quality deli meats, Boar’s Head also makes a fine pepperoni.
- Hormel: Offers a classic pepperoni flavor and is widely available.
- Applegate: Provides a natural, nitrate-free option.
- Columbus: Known for its artisanal approach, offering a variety of pepperoni types.
- Ezzo: Highly regarded in the pizza industry, especially for their “cup and char” style pepperoni, which curls and chars at the edges when baked.
- Molinari & Sons: A San Francisco brand known for their high-quality Italian meats.
- Margherita: Another popular brand that offers several varieties of pepperoni.
What to look for when choosing pepperoni:
- Fat Content: A higher fat content generally means a richer flavor and better melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Spice Level: Choose according to your personal preference for heat.
- Thickness: Available in thin slices or thicker cuts, depending on how you like your pepperoni to behave on the pizza. Thinner slices are more likely to crisp up and curl, while thicker slices will remain more chewy.
- Nitrates/Nitrites: If you are concerned about additives, look for brands that offer nitrate/nitrite-free options.
- Smokiness: Some pepperonis are smoked for additional flavor.
Don’t discount smaller, local or artisanal producers. Many cities have local charcuteries or Italian delis that make their own pepperoni. These are often fresh, high-quality options that can really elevate your homemade pizza.
When choosing pepperoni, you might also want to consider how it pairs with the other toppings and cheeses you are using. Enjoy your pizza-making journey!
These pizza rolls are simple, you just need some pizza dough, homemade or store bought. We use Ree Drummond’s world famous pizza crust recipe for ours. There is nothing better. Roll it out put the toppings on an roll it up like cinnamon rolls. Then chill, slice, arrange, and bake. Easy peasy!
We bake our pizza rolls right in our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven. It doesn’t heat up the house as much as the regular oven and it bakes them perfectly.
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Another favorite pepperoni dish that my Little Sprouts have always loved is this pepperoni pizza casserole. Kids love pepperoni like we said before, but kids love pasta too, am I right? In my experience, they will try anything with pasta in it.
For more pepperoni pizza flavored ideas, check these out:
- Air Fryer Pizza Wontons
- Air Fryer Pita Pizza
- Ghost Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Cups (4 ingredients)
- Pepperoni Pull Apart Bread
Air Fryer Pepperoni Rolls
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 1 Pizza crust homemade or store bought
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 pepperoni slices
- Optional toppings mozzarella cheese shreds and fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to be about 10×12” rectangle. Brush olive oil on the top of the pizza crust.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of the olive oil. Lightly sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese throughout, and top with pepperoni slices.
- Roll the dough, along the 10” side, into a tight log. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes (uncovered) to firm up.
- Slice dough into about 1” slices to get 12 pepperoni rolls.
- Place pepperoni rolls on a baking sheet, and sprinkle additional mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the rolls are lightly browned.
- Allow the rolls to cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle chopped basil on top before serving. Serve warm.