This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Easy ham and cheese sliders are your ticket to a mouthwatering easy dinner idea or lunch for your daycare that’s both simple to make and irresistibly delicious. Layers of succulent ham and gooey, melted cheese tucked between fluffy, slightly crisped rolls, all seasoned to perfection and baked until they reach a state of golden goodness.
Whether you’re hosting a casual get-together, searching for a quick family dinner, or need a scrumptious dish for a potluck, these sliders are the ultimate comfort food that takes minimal effort but delivers maximum flavor. As they come out of the oven with their cheese bubbling and their tops golden brown, you’ll know you’re in for a treat that’s as satisfying as it is simple. Let’s dive into making these irresistible little bundles of joy!
Sliders for Kids
Sliders are a fantastic option for daycare lunches because they are small, easy to handle. They can be customized to suit even the pickiest eaters. Plus, their bite-sized nature makes them perfect for little hands with good portion sizes. Sliders are kid-friendly, delicious and fun!
What to Serve with Ham and Cheese Sliders
Ham and cheese sliders are a crowd-pleaser, easy to make, and quite versatile. Pairing them with complementary sides can elevate your meal to the next level. Here are some ideas for what to serve with ham and cheese sliders:
- Coleslaw: A classic pair, the tanginess and crunch offer a nice contrast.
- Caesar Salad: Simple, yet sophisticated, and always a popular choice.
- Potato Salad: Choose a simple, traditional recipe or go for something with a little kick, like a mustard potato salad.
- Roasted Vegetables: Think Brussels sprouts, carrots, or asparagus.
- Steamed Green Beans: Light and healthy, perhaps tossed with a little garlic and almonds.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Perfect for a summer gathering.
- French Fries: Always popular, especially with younger crowds.
- Garlic Bread: A more indulgent option, but so delicious.
- Mashed Potatoes: A comfort-food classic that can be made in advance.
- Pickle Spears: Offer a tangy crunch that pairs well with the savory sliders.
- Chips and Dip: You could go classic with potato chips and onion dip or perhaps tortilla chips with fresh salsa.
- Mozzarella Sticks: Another indulgent choice, but one that’s always popular.
- Fruit Salad: A light and healthy side that can offer a sweet counterpoint to the savory sliders.
- Sliced Watermelon: Refreshing and easy to eat, it’s especially good for outdoor events.
- Apple Sauce: Particularly if kids are part of the meal, this can be a hit.
Ham and Cheese Hot Pocket Recipe
Kids love ham and cheese. Sandwiches and everything else. If you are looking for more great ham and cheese dishes to make for kids, check these out:
- Ham and Cheese Hot Pocket Recipe for Kids
- Ham and Cranberry Roll Ups
- Ham and Cheese Macaroni Casserole
- Ham and Pea Pasta
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Sliders
These Ham and Cheese Sliders are great in the air fryer or air fryer oven. We cooked ours in our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer oven! You can bake them in the regular oven as well.
Poppyseed Ham and Cheese Sliders-Easy!
- 8 Buns
- 16 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 8 Slices Ham
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Spicy Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- Cut the buns in half and put the bottom part in a casserole dish
- Cover the bottom bun layer with half of the cheese.
- Top with ham and the remaining cheese.
- Cover with the top of the buns.
- Whisk the melted butter with mustard, sugar, poppy seeds, garlic and onion powder.
- Pour over the top of the buns and bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes