This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
If you want to add some fun to your Halloween snacks, check out this Jack O Lantern Charcuterie Board for Halloween! It’s a great way to encourage kids to eat healthy food!
Healthy vegetable snack board for kids
So what is a charcuterie board anyway? What is charcuterie? If you’re not already familiar with it, the term “charcuterie” may sound fancy and inaccessible. From the French chair for meat and cuit for cooked, charcuterie is simply the art of preserving meat. So lunch meats and sausages are typically used.
Charcuterie or as my husband says, shark cootie has been around for centuries and, much like cheese, became popular because it kept food around for longer, the heart of charcuterie is frugality.
Now our Halloween charcuterie board is technically not a Jack o lantern charcuterie in the traditional sense, it’s actually a Jack o lantern cheese board because it doesn’t have any meat, but you can use meat on yours if you like. We just didn’t have any this time around. Snack boards are being called charcuteries more and more often. We considered our non-meat proteins cootie-like. So it’s all going to be okay.
If you want a way to get kids to eat healthy food, try making that food look fun! These healthy snacks for kids ideas will do the trick! This is so easy to throw together, and is adorable enough to make your special days and holidays at daycare even more special!
For more ideas to use this fall, check these out:
- Pumpkin theme for preschool
- Pumpkin stamp art
- Pumpkin recipes for kids
- Homemade costumes from stuff around the house
- Pumpkin decorating ideas without cutting
- Pumpkin activities
- Pumpkin craft for preschoolers
Pumpkin snack board
For more fun (but healthier) Halloween snack ideas, check these out:
Jack O Lantern Charcuterie Board for Halloween
- 1/2 cup salted small crackers
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 1/4 cups of crackers
- 1/2 cup smoked pigtail cheese
- 1/2 cup hard cheese
- 1/2 cup salted straw
- 1/2 cup nuts peanuts or other in wasabi breading (or other flavor)
- 1 carrot
- Cut hard cheese into small triangles.
- Peel the carrots, cut into thin sticks of the same size.
- Cut the smoked cheese into equal oblong pieces.
- Break the straw into the same pieces.
- Arrange the ingredients, forming a “face”, eyes, mouth.
For more party ideas: