Creepy Meatball Eyeballs
This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
These creepy meatball eyeballs can be made with frozen meatballs or homemade. They are a fun Halloween party snack that is not junk! But the kids will love them!
Fun food for kids that is healthy too
Kids love creepy and gory things. And eating eyeballs is no different. They will love the idea of these creepy meatball eyeballs. There will be lots of giggles. But these aren’t made with a bunch of junk food. I love fun snacks that are healthy too for my family and my daycare kids!
When I was a kid, I loved Halloween. I have never liked scary stuff, but my mom always sewed me elaborate homemade costumes. That and my spectacular birthday cakes were some of my favorite childhood memories. And on Halloween, my dad would make a big window display in our big picture window and play creepy music and have a strobe light on it. It was amazing.
He liked to spook all the neighborhood kids. I also loved being in a big group of my elementary school friends and walking from door to door to see what treats people had. My neighbors across the street always made us popcorn balls. I loved getting candy, fruit, and pencils. Some people even gave quarters.
When we got home, my dad would always pick out the candy he wanted, I mean “check the candy for safety” and we would get the rest of the haul. Fun childhood memories.
You can make them in minutes with frozen meatballs, or make your own homemade meatballs to use. We love making bulk batches of meatballs and storing them in the freezer so they are just as convenient as the store-bought ones but we know just what’s in them. (And they taste amazing) For more flavors of meatballs, check this out.
You just need some fresh mozzarella balls and a can of sliced black olives and you have a simple, fun, and scary treat for your Halloween party.
Halloween food eyeballs
For more creepy Halloween party snack ideas that aren’t junk, check these out:
- Halloween Veggie Skeleton
- Spooky strawberry ghosts
- Jack O Lantern charcuterie board
- Spooky ghost pepperoni dip
For more fall ideas, check out these pumpkin recipes and activities:
- Pumpkin activities for kids
- Pumpkin recipes for kids
- Easy pumpkin decorating without cutting
- Pumpkin theme for preschool
- Halloween costumes with stuff from around the house
And don’t forget to learn about how to participate in the teal pumpkin project this Halloween!
Creepy Meatball Eyeballs
- 32 oz bag of fully cooked meatballs or a gallon sized bag of homemade
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 6 oz can of black olives you can buy sliced if you like, or slice them yourself
- Toothpicks optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or the temperature it calls for on the back of your meatballs, if not using the same brand.
- If your olives are not slices already, slice them.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the meatballs on the baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, and remove from the oven.
- Set a mozzarella pearl on top of each meatball.
- *Optional: hold mozzarella pearl in place with a toothpick to ensure it doesn’t slip off.
- Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks from the mozzarella pearls, and place a sliced olive on top, pushing the mozzarella pearl down slightly.
- Serve warm with barbecue sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce.