This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Everyone loves a good burger, but what if you are celiac or eating lower carb? These fully loaded burger bowls are a wonderful burger treat with all the flavors, but not all the bread! And I’ll tell you a secret, kids love them too! The perfect easy dinner idea for tonight!
Bunless burger bowls
Sometimes you want the flavors of comfort food without all the outrageous calories or carbs. So these bunless burger bowls are just the ticket. You can fill them with all the tasty flavors of loaded burgers to your heart’s content. And leave the bun behind. Because the loaded toppings are IN the burger instead of on it. So fun! Kids are going to love this treat as well.
Hamburger Recipe Ideas
If you’re looking for more economical ground beef recipes that are quick and easy to make, check out these hamburger meat recipe ideas:
- Cheeseburger soup
- Homemade hamburger helper
- 3 ingredient chili
- Vegetable beef soup
- BBQ Meatloaf
- 5 ingredient beef enchiladas
- One Pan Cheeseburger Pasta
Burger bowl recipe
You can top these burger bowls with mustard, ketchup, diced onions, sliced tomatoes, pickle slices or whatever strikes your fancy. Some crumbled bacon is a great idea too. Or something to give it a little kick like some pickled peppers or sliced raw peppers. Any way you like them, they are DE-licious! You’re going to love them.
Another great variation of the recipe would be to put a little bit of cooked brown rice in the center of the bowl with the mushrooms. Whatever you are going for, just let your creativity reign. You know what you like!
All you need is a side veg for a perfect meal. You could add a tossed salad, a marinated salad like this cucumber and tomato salad. Or if you’d rather roast some root vegetables or something like that. A small baked potato or some mashed potatoes would be great. You could just eat the burger bowl and a little fruit for dessert. Whatever you do, it’s going to be delicious!
Fully Loaded Burger Bowls
- 1 pound Ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Put ground beef in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, garlic powder, and mustard.
- Form 4 cups with the meat.
- Put half of the cheese into the cups.
- Saute the mushrooms in a skillet with the butter.
- Add the mushrooms on top of the bowls.
- Add the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Pour the juice from the pan over the top of the burger bowls and top as desired.