This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
If you love having breakfast on the go, check out this Homemade Pancake Breakfast Sandwich that you can make ahead and have ready to go. You can even make them healthier using this healthy pancake recipe for kids as your starter batter!
I’m always looking for an easy breakfast idea I can cook in bulk and make ahead. Then I can pull it out for an easy breakfast for my kids. And these can be served at breakfast, lunch, or snack because they meet multiple components of the food program.
For more fun breakfast ideas for kids, check these out:
- Easy Breakfast Ideas Kids Love
- Grain Based Breakfast Recipes for Beginners
- CACFP Breakfast Ideas for Childcare
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Picky Eaters
- Cheap Breakfast Ideas for Daycare
The best homemade McGriddle (McDonald’s Copycat)
A good breakfast sandwich is a guaranteed way to set the tone for a successful day. This homemade mcgriddle elevates McDonald’s to a new level. Talk about better!
You can use better bacon, make better eggs, better maple syrup, and homemade pancakes beat the socks off McDonald’s, plus it’s healthier and you know just what’s in it. We even make our healthy pancakes whole grain.
Its the best! And the extra syrup flavor in there is bomb! Plus you make 4 at a time and have your meals ready to go.
Just cook the ingredients, stack them up, and you’re ready to go!
Here are some ideas for making pancakes for kids:
- Use cookie cutters to cut pancakes into fun shapes.
- Top pancakes with fresh fruit and yogurt.
- Make smiley face pancakes using fruit or chocolate chips for the eyes and a dab of syrup for the mouth.
- Serve pancakes with a side of bacon or sausage for a balanced breakfast.
- Dye the batter with blended-up berries, spinach, or something else in a bright color.
- Let kids help mix the batter and pour it onto the griddle.
- Add a spoonful of peanut butter or Nutella to the pancake batter for a nutty flavor.
Can you freeze a Pancake Breakfast Sandwich?
Yes! You just wrap them in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Once you’re ready to eat, you can set them in the fridge the night before to thaw.
How to reheat a McGriddle sandwich
If you didn’t set them out, defrost them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute. Then wrap them in a paper towel to finish heating perfectly. If you did thaw them in the fridge, just start with the paper towel step.
Homemade Pancake Sandwich
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup pancake batter from the linked recipe at the beginning of the post
- 4 Eggs
- 4 strips Bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon.
- Boil maple syrup for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Pour onto parchment, cool, break into crystals.
- Fry pancakes.
- Fry the eggs in a pan or in the microwave.
- Put some crystals on the pancake.
- Then fried eggs.
- A slice of cheese.
- A strip of fried bacon. Cover with another pancake.