This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
I LOVE Mexican food flavors and I LOVE easy dinner ideas like these 5 ingredient beef enchiladas! I also love inexpensive ingredients like tortillas and ground beef! These enchiladas hit all the marks for a busy mom trying to get dinner on the table.
We all know that ground beef is one of the least expensive meats we can buy and that it’s easy to find most of the time. I love simple and easy things to make for dinner. And enchiladas are one of my favorites. If you want to try some other enchilada flavors, check these out:
You can add to this recipe as you like. For instance, adding sour cream to the top, jalapenos to the inside, extra enchilada sauce or salsa for dipping, etc. You could make different variations of this recipe to meet your family’s taste preferences. Like try adding rotel in with the enchilada sauce. Whatever works for your tastes. It really is that versatile.
This dish would go great with a tossed salad, some refried beans (hey, you could add those to the inside instead of rice if you’d prefer), some roasted vegetables, chips and guacamole, or whatever tickles you fancy. I love putting fresh pico on top. And don’t forget about simple things like tomato slices and avocado slices. Or Mexican ranch dressing drizzle. Or what about some elote? Even my kids love making that!
You can make these beef enchiladas ahead of time if you’d like. Just store them in the fridge in an airtight container until you’re ready to bake. And they even make a great make ahead freezer meal as well.
So grab some ingredients you have on hand, and whip out these 30 minute beef enchiladas for dinner tonight. Your family with thank you for it!
For more ground beef recipes, check these out:
- Vegetable beef soup for kids
- Fully loaded burger bowls
- BBQ Meatloaf
- Hamburger cauliflower soup
- Italian meatball recipe
- One Pan Cheeseburger Pasta
5 Ingredient Enchiladas
5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas
- 10 Flour tortillas
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 can Red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ C. Shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 cups of cooked plain rice or Spanish rice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat until completely cooked through.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Add the rice and ½ cup of the enchilada sauce to the meat, and stir to combine.
- Fill the tortillas with the meat mixture, and add a tablespoon of cheese to each one.
- Roll the tortillas closed over the filling, and place seam side down in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce, and then the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.