This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Whipping up a satisfying dinner in just a few minutes is my jam! Check out how I make these super easy leftover meat quesadillas that everyone loves! It’s a great way to use leftover pulled pork too.
I love being able to cook a big ole pork roast that is just pennies per serving and making meal after meal out of it. Check out how you can cook one pork roast and make 5 meals here. Using leftovers to make easy dinner ideas is my jam!
You can use leftover pulled pork to make so many things like these:
- Broccoli sweet potato soup with leftover pulled pork
- Leftover pork pot pie
- Leftover pulled pork tacos
- Leftover pulled pork bbq sandwiches
Leftover meat is so versatile and so good. It tastes good in anything you make with it. Pork butt is my go to choice at the store. And it’s more economical than most cuts of meat.
Leftover pork quesadillas
Serve with sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole, or anything you like. Made with delicious barbecue rub seasoning and green chilies. Once you start making them, they will be a family favorite in no time!
Note: You can cook two quesadillas in the pan at the same time to save time once you fold them over. The secret to great quesadillas is the crunch! Follow these instructions for cooking a quesadilla and you’ll have a family pleaser that everyone will love.
The first thing you need to do when making leftover meat quesadillas is to use butter. Real butter. Not margarine, butter. Margarine is full of water which will make your quesadilla soggy and you won’t get that nice crunch on the outside that you will with butter.
What kind of sauce would taste great on a quesadilla? Pico would be a wonderful topping and add tons of flavor. Salsa works well in quesadillas as well as guacamole. A chipotle ranch would be awesome as well. Whatever kind of sauce you like.
Leftover Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- 2 tbsp bbq rub
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 green onion
- Add the pork, bbq rub, and green chilis to a large bowl, and stir well until combined.
- Rinse and dice the green onion.
- Heat a medium or large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay a tortilla flat in the skillet.
- Sprinkle 1 oz cheddar cheese on one side of the tortilla.
- Spoon ¼ of the pork mixture onto the side with the cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 oz of cheddar cheese on top of the pork mixture.Fold the empty half of the tortilla over the filled half.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Carefully flip the tortilla onto the other side, and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Cut into 3-4 triangles to serve.
- Top with diced green onion.
Leftover meat recipes
For more ideas with leftover meat, check these out: