This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
There is nothing better than leftovers to make a quick dinner. I love making pulled pork and having it leftover for different dishes and these leftover pulled pork tacos are some of our favorites!
Who doesn’t love tacos? And pork is the most flavorful meat! And who doesn’t love a dinner that comes together in minutes? I know I love all those things and I love using leftovers to get dinner on the table fast!
No one likes to wait for dinner and I work hard with my daycare kids for 10 hours a day, so making dinner is always a chore after all that. And the best part about these tacos is they are kid friendly and I can serve them to my daycare kids too. They gobble them up!
Leftover shredded pork recipes
A pork butt or shoulder roast will make a ton of meat. You can make at least 5 meals for an average sized family with just one roast! I just jam it in the crock pot, cook it all night and shred it up to freeze in batches. Such a time saver and a huge money saver too!
Leftover pork ideas
Here are more ideas for leftover pulled pork:
- BBQ Pulled pork sandwiches
- Broccoli sweet potato pork soup
- Pork roast pot pie
- Pulled pork mac and cheese
- Leftover meat quesadillas
- Smokey pork soup
You can top your pork tacos with anything you like, here are some yummy ideas to choose from:
- Cotija cheese
- Shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
- Chopped onions
- Caramelized onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Mexican crema
- Squeeze of lime
- Chopped cilantro
Leftover Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 cups shredded leftover pork meat
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- ½ Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 lime
- taco toppings of your choice
- Wrap the tortillas in a clean dish towel and sprinkle with water
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Reheat the leftover pulled pork in a small skillet until warmed through
- Add the seasonings (except for cilantro) and continue to cook about 5 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoon full of meat mixture and top as desired. Sprinkle cilantro on top and squeeze a wedge of lime over top.
Of course, you can also use flour tortillas for your tacos. You heat them up the same way as the corn tortillas.
BBQ pulled pork tacos
If you want to make your tacos with a bbq smokey flair, just leave out the chipotle and add barbecue sauce instead. You’re going to love it. It’s soooo good.