This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
These Sweet Orange Lotion Bars with Vanilla are super simple to make and will provide you with super moisturized skin. I love making homemade body products because I know just what I’m putting on my skin.
Dry skin can be awful, especially when you’re a childcare provider who washes her hands 100 times a day or more. This can cause skin to crack and even bleed. It’s so painful! Finding good lotion that provides effective moisture is tough. Many store-bought products have ingredients that dry skin out more than it already is. So you have to use quality ingredients on your skin.
It is hard to find these products in the store. Especially for people like me who have reactions to fragrances and so many other ingredients. And actually artificial fragrances are quite toxic to you and your children, and even your pets. It’s not as hard as you might think to ditch and switch to natural products.
It’s so easy to learn to make your own sweet orange and vanilla lotion bars. They also make a GREAT and unique gift for a daycare provider, a gardener, a cook, or anyone else whose hands take a beating.
It excites me when I find new and exciting ways to give myself a little pampering at home. I’m not a spa person, but I love to pamper myself. And it’s important to prevent burnout in a job of giving like daycare. And I love the idea that I can still stay healthy while doing it.
I hope you will try to make your own lotion bars. You’ll love how silky soft they leave your skin and you’ll know you’re using only healthy ingredients!
For this recipe, we recommend:
- Do Terra wild orange essential oil as they are pure and some oils are not.
- You can make your own real vanilla extract too!
- Kitchen scale
- 4 cup microwave-safe spouted measuring cup
- Cylinder silicone soap mold
Check out these other moisturizing ideas on the blog too:
Sweet Orange and Vanilla Lotion Bars
- 3 ounces Unrefined Shea Butter
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 3 ounces Beeswax Pellets
- 15 drops of doTerra orange essential oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp orange mica powder optional
- Layer all ingredients except for essential oil and vanilla into the measuring cup.
- Place the ingredient filled measuring cup into the microwave and heat on high for one minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Repeat until everything is fully melted.
- Once melted, add the essential oil, vanilla, and mica powder.
- Stir well.
- Pour into mold, filling each cavity about ¾ of the way.
- Allow lotion bars about 40 minutes to fully set, before unmolding.
Also try Vanilla bean soap with Ylang Ylang for relaxing power!