This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Making natural body products yourself at home might be a lot easier than you think. And you’ll know exactly what you and your family are putting on and in your body. It’s not as hard as you might think to ditch and switch to natural products.
Body products you make yourself
Body products absorb into the skin a lot faster than we realize. Our skin is our largest organ and absorbs the most harmful chemicals faster than any other organ. So we need to be careful about what we put in and on it. I like to make as much of my own products as I can to make sure I know what I’m using.
- This organic body butter was one of the first natural products that I learned to make myself. It is so much better than anything you can buy from the store, I never looked back. Homemade products, if you get the right recipes, work better than anything store-bought ever imagined.
- Lotion bars are a great way to moisturize as well. Just rub in between your hands and warm for a few seconds and the moisturizer begins to rub on your skin:
- Lemongrass lotion bars
- Sweet orange lotion bars
- Moisturize all over after a shower with this DIY Body Oil Recipe for silky skin.
DIY shower or bath
- Making homemade soap is really fun. I love making this loofah soap in bars, but also oatmeal soap, lemon zest soap, lavender soap, and more. Check out all the varieties in the linked posts.
- Make your own body wash for pennies and save big over store brands. Bath and shower time will be divine when using this wonderful Homemade Body Wash has 3 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make.
- 3 ingredients plus sugar or salt for exfoliation, this body scrub will leave your skin smooth & soft.
- And don’t forget about a calming bubble bath. This lavender bubble bath recipe is just the ticket!
Lanolin lip balm
I love homemade lip balms. There are many I have loved. But recently I made one that was far better than all the others, and it was because it has lanolin in it. There is nothing else like it. This lip balm is by far the best. It keeps your lips super soft!
Natural body care
Using store-bought medicines can carry some of the same risks as store-bought lotions and soaps. Making our own natural body care products and medicines gives us peace of mind too. This Calming lavender bath salts recipe will help you unwind naturally.
Non toxic deodorant is an important part of staying healthy. Check out this coconut oil deodorant DIY.
Did you know you can even make your own toothpaste? I always had this weird funk mouth taste in my mouth until I started making this. And my husband’s dragon breath is completely gone since we got rid of store-bought toothpaste.
Homemade pain relief cream
We do a lot of work in our garden so we come in sore many nights. I combined some ingredients to make a spreadable cream we could use like ben gay, but we know just what’s in it. This homemade pain relief cream is a game-changer for us.
Shower Vapor Tablets
I love using these shower vapor tablets when I get all stuffy from my allergies. I just drop on in the shower and as I’m getting clean, my nasal passages are getting opened up too. It’s like magic and I love them so much. And they don’t clog up the drain.
Essential oil bug spray and itch relief
There is nothing worse than being covered in mosquito bites all summer long. During the ice storm a few weeks ago, I saw people saying, no mosquitoes better survive this -9 degree weather. But I’m sure they did, so we will make our usual bug spray to fend them off and bug bite sticks to deal with the itch they leave if they get us.
Organic elderberry products
There are so many things you can do with elderberries that will help keep your system built up so you don’t catch every cold and flu. I have found that eating healthy and taking good supplements has kept me from constantly catching what the kids have, even though they sneeze in my eye all the time.
Try making some homemade body and natural cleaning products, you’ll be surprised at the difference it makes. And it’s pretty fun too.