This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Nothing means more than a homemade gift and this vanilla bean soap with ylang ylang is sure to please. It’s wonderful to make your own body products that are pure and lovely.
These delicately-scented bars of soap using a quality soap base make a wonderful and really meaningful gift.
How to make bar soap
Soap base is easy to use, you just cut it into chunks and melt it. Then it’s ready to customize with any additive you’d like. You can mold it into innumerable shapes depending on what kind of vessel you have to use. You can even use a loaf pan and slice the soap into bars that way. Soap making is pretty fun.
I love how you can control the quality of your ingredients when you make your own soap. Most store-bought soaps are full of chemicals and things that aren’t that great for your health. But if you find a soap base that has quality healthy ingredients and add more quality healthy ingredients, you can feel good about what you’re washing yourself and your family with.
It does take a little time for the soap to set up and cool, so that’s the only thing you’ll have to remember when planning the process.
We have selected vanilla and ylang ylang for this soap recipe because it’s calming, mood boosting, and pleasant. We only use DoTerra oils in our products because we know they are pure. Some of the less expensive brands aren’t always the best.
What is a mood-booster
Sometimes we feel “low” or down. Everyone has times like this, you’re not alone. You can alter your mood in many ways. Exercise, time with friends, eating a good meal, curling up with a blanket and a good book. There are many ways for us to adjust how we feel. Aromatherapy is a real thing that helps you alter how you’re feeling with scents. Obviously, if something is seriously wrong and you need help, consult a medical professional.
The sweet scent of vanilla and floral scent of ylang ylang is the ultimate mood-boosting blend. Ylang ylang is believed to improve mental clarity. It inspires creativity and feelings of self-love and self-worth. It can help lift feelings of sadness. So add a little sweet touch of vanilla to all that and you have the perfect mood-boosting blend of delight for your bath.
Vanilla Bean soap bars
The vanilla bean powder gives the soap a good exfoliating property as well as enhances the vanilla scent.
For more relaxing body products, check these out:
- DIY Lavender Bubble Bath Recipe
- How to Make Lavender Bath Melts
- Fizzy Herbal Bath Bombs
- How to Make Calming Lavender Bath Salts
- How to Make Sweet Orange Lotion Bars
- How to Make Lemongrass Lotion Bars
- DIY Whipped Citrus Sugar Scrub
- Healthy Homemade Body Oil
Vanilla Bean Soap with Ylang Ylang
- ¾ lb goat’s milk melt and pour soap base
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3 drops vanilla essential oil
- 3 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- Soap mold
- 4 cup microwave safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
- Cut the soap base into 1 inch cubes, and add to measuring cup.
- Heat in the microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating session, until the soap base is fully melted.
- Add vanilla bean powder, and stir well.
- Add essential oils, stir well.
- Pour into soap mold, and allow to set for 2-3 hours.
- Remove bars from the soap mold.
For more homemade vanilla products, check this out: