This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Using simple supplies like craft sticks from the dollar store, create this quick and easy Craft Stick Valentine Butterfly craft with the kiddos in just 30 minutes. A perfect activity to celebrate the special holiday in your daycare.
Running a home daycare is lots of fun, but it takes some planning and engagement for your day to run smoothly. Getting into a routine and providing things for kids to do is key. These crafts can help busy your kid’s minds while they learn basic skills such as fine motor skills, scissor holding and more.
This Craft Stick Valentine Butterfly Craft is a delightful and creative project that’s perfect for spreading love and joy during the Valentine’s season. This charming craft allows you to transform simple craft sticks into beautiful butterflies.
With a few easy-to-find supplies and a dash of imagination, you can craft these lovely butterflies that are sure to flutter their way into your heart and the hearts of your loved ones.
For more Valentine’s Day Ideas, check these out:
- Valentine Snack Ideas
- Best Valentines Day Gifts for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Process Art for Preschool
- Valentines Kids Party Ideas for Very Young Kids
Craft stick activities
Craft stick activities are a fantastic way to unleash your creativity and engage in fun and educational projects. Craft sticks, also known as popsicle sticks or ice cream sticks, are versatile and inexpensive materials that can be used in a variety of crafts and activities. Here are more great things you can do with them:
- Craft Stick Alien Flying Saucers
- Craft Stick Building Set for Preschool
- How to Make a Catapult from Popsicle Sticks
- Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornament
- Craft Stick Scarecrows
These craft stick activities are not only enjoyable but also promote creativity, fine motor skills, and problem-solving abilities. So, gather your craft sticks and let your imagination run wild!
Check out all of our wonderful helps for home daycare providers on etsy here.
Here are a ton more helpful printables you can get to make your business easier!
And more helpful tools for providers here. I wish I would have had access to these years ago, they are such a blessing!
Craft sticks dollar tree
Dollar Tree is a popular dollar store where you can find various craft supplies, including craft sticks. Craft sticks at Dollar Tree are typically available in packs, and they are quite affordable.
Dollar Tree usually sells packs of craft sticks in different quantities. You can find packs of 50, 100, or even more craft sticks in a single package. They often offer different sizes of craft sticks, including standard-size craft sticks and jumbo craft sticks. The jumbo sticks are larger and can be useful for larger-scale projects.
Dollar Tree may have both plain, natural wood craft sticks and colored craft sticks. Colored craft sticks can add a fun element to your projects without the need for additional painting.
When shopping for craft sticks at Dollar Tree, be sure to check the craft aisle or section of the store where they keep their art and craft supplies. Prices can vary slightly from store to store, but Dollar Tree is known for offering affordable crafting materials, making it a great place to stock up on craft sticks for your creative projects. Everything is $1.25 so you know you’re not going to break the bank. (Unless you can’t stop picking out more items because they are only $1.25)
Caterpillar and butterfly crafts
Embark on a whimsical journey into the enchanting world of butterflies and caterpillars with our delightful collection of crafts. These captivating creatures have long fascinated both children and adults with their transformative lifecycle and vibrant beauty. Check out some of our other ideas here:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Lesson Plan for Kids
- Caterpillar and Butterfly Theme for Preschool
- Paper Caterpillar Craft for Preschool
Craft Stick Valentine Butterflies
Create these bright and colorful Dollar Store Craft Stick Valentine Butterflies with the kiddos to not only promote learning skills, but also to spark conversations about nature.
Craft Stick Butterflies
- Craft Sticks Jumbo – Dollar Store
- Paper Heart Doilies Red, Pink, White – Dollar Store
- Glitter Foam Conversation Heart Stickers Dollar Store
- Washable Marker Black – Dollar Store
- Pipe Cleaners White, Red, Pink – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks – Low Temp Works Best
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Red Pink, White
- Gather all supplies. Basecoat the jumbo craft sticks with white, red, and pink acrylic craft paint. Let dry, and apply a second coat, if necessary. Use washable markers, crayon, or even colored pencil to color the jumbo craft sticks.
- Paint decorative lines on each butterfly body with a contrasting color of acrylic craft paint. Mix and match the colors to create your own unique combinations. Set aside to let the paint dry.
- Attach two wiggle eyes to the top of each butterfly body with a glue gun and glue sticks. Draw a smile on each butterfly face with a washable black marker.
- Cut each pipe cleaners in half with scissors. Bend the pipe cleaners in half to create a “V” shape. Roll the ends into a coil.
- Flip the butterflies over and attach the antennae to the top with a glue gun and glue sticks. Mix and match the colors.
- Cut the bottom half off two red, white, and pink doilies with scissors. Flip the butterflies over and attach the doily wings to the right and left sides of the body with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Peel the liner paper from conversation candy heart stickers and attach to the butterfly wings.