This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
At Little Sprouts we have a ton of fun making Christmas crafts and gifts. Making these popsicle stick snowflake ornaments for your Christmas tree is a great way to make Christmas memories.
Ornaments kids can make
Making ornaments is a fun craft for holidays or special days to celebrate the Christmas season with your kids.
If you’re looking for a fun craft to do this Christmas season, then these pretty snowflakes made with craft sticks will surely be a hit! For more ornament designs that kids can make, check out these twig star ornaments made from sticks you find in the yard. And don’t forget about making shrinky dink Christmas ornaments with these free printable patterns.
Christmas ornament designs
The ideas for these cute Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornaments are endless! Just like real snowflakes, no two will be alike. These ornaments are so easy to make, even very young kids can make them. All you need is a few craft sticks, some mod podge, and some decorations. Read on to see more on how to make them.
All you need are a few popsicle sticks, a hot glue gun, and some decorations and you’ll have a great Christmas tree ornament put together in no time. If you’re working with really young kids, it’s a great idea to use a little tacky glue for them to put their ornament together how they’d like, then you can go back in and tack it together with hot glue.
We all know hot glue guns can be painful, so we don’t want to let very young kids use them. I keep mine up high in the kitchen at my home daycare, and then when I need to use it, I know none of the kids can get burned. But I do let them make their own designs and then I just secure it for them.
I love to see kids be creative making their own process art in their own way! So I don’t care if they turn out like snowflakes or something completely different. As long as the child is proud of what they make. But parents do enjoy getting something home sometimes that looks like something, so I also don’t mind doing crafts once in a while too. It’s all about balance.
For more ideas of things kids can make for Christmas, check out these kid made Christmas gift ideas!
Glitter Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornaments
- Small popsicle craft sticks (4 for each)
- Mod Podge or spray adhesive
- Foam brushes
- Small pom pom
- Craft glitter
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- Ribbon or twine to hang the ornament
- Paper plate or parchment paper.
- Using the craft glue or glue gun, attach two of the popsicle sticks together so they make a “+”. Repeat with the remaining two popsicle sticks. Now attach the two “+” pieces but rotate one so they make a snowflake.
- Place snowflake on a paper plate or parchment paper. Using a foam brush and Mod Podge or the spray adhesive, cover the snowflake completely.
- Coat the snowflake liberally with the glitter. Allow to dry completely.
- Using the craft glue or glue gun, attach your pom pom to the middle of the snowflake. Cut a 6” length of ribbon or twine, form a loop and using the craft glue or glue gun, attach to the top of the back side of the craft stick. Allow to dry completely before hanging.
For more home daycare activities, check these out.
For more things to do with craft sticks, check this out: