This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
These Blackberry Lemon Crumb Muffins are moist, fluffy, and full of berries and sweet, tart lemon flavor. They’re the ultimate breakfast or snack topped with a buttery crunchy crumb topping. With perfect blackberries in season, they are a delicious berry dish.
I love to make muffins because they are the perfect size for my kids to hold and eat. They are less messy than a lot of other food. And when I make it myself, I know exactly what’s in it. I love adding fruit and lots of flavor to the baked goods I make. And I love making stuff extra yummy that tastes like love!
Luscious Lemon Drizzle Muffins
These muffins are extra specially good because of the luscious lemon drizzle you put over the top. That with the crumble plus the wonderful berries inside make it the perfect amount of yumminess. These would be perfect for mother’s day easter or any special day. And of course, they can be made for every day as well.
The homemade lemon extract makes them extra special as it gives them even more wonderful lemony flavor! I love making my own extracts and spices because nothing tastes as good as homemade. Pro tip: homemade vanilla makes everything you bake taste better too!
If you’re looking for more delicious lemon creations, you don’t want to miss these:
And if you’re looking for more berry creations, these are super yummy:
- Strawberry Pie (without Jello)
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie
- Homemade Blueberry Soda
- Homemade Refreshers Infused Waters
Blackberry Lemon Muffins
Blackberry Lemon Muffins with Crumb Topping
For the muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh blackberries sliced in half or quartered
For the crumb topping:
- ½ stick butter melted
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- Pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease 1-2 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon extract, yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Turn off your mixer and fold in the blackberries until just combined.
- In a separate, small bowl, use a fork to mix together the melted butter, sugar, flour, and salt for the crumb mixture.
- Fill the muffin tins around ⅔ full with the batter.
- Spoon a tablespoon or two of the crumb mixture over the batter onto each muffin.
- Place your muffin tins into the oven and bake for 22-24 minutes.
These muffins will freeze beautifully. Just pop them out of the muffin tins and let them cool completely on a cooling rack. Then put them in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Then you can pull out one to thaw, or all of them and have a fresh-baked flavor.
I like to double the recipe and serve some and freeze the rest for another quick meal or 2 or 3 later with the same amount of cooking mess as it takes to make one. For more bulk freezer cooking ideas like this check this out.
To thaw them out, just set them on the counter at room temperature, or you can microwave one on a plate for 30 seconds. Or you can even reheat them for 10 minutes in a warm oven. Any way you do it, you are going to LOVE these blackberry muffins and their crumb topping and lemon drizzle yumminess!