This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Skip the usual desserts, you’ll be sure to impress with this one! This Lemon Pistachio Custard Crinkle is so unique and elegant, but super easy. It’s sweet, savory, gooey, crispy, beautiful, and delicious! And perfect for Mother’s day dessert.
I’m allergic to nuts, so when I make it for me, I use pumpkin seeds, but my momma loves pistachios, so this one is for her! And, you can use lemon extract instead of vanilla to give this recipe even more depth. You can even make it yourself!
Moms are so special. They do so much for us all year round, it’s fun to take time to make Mother’s day really special with something unique and sweet that mom will know is just for her. She’s worth it!
Check out this Mother’s day printable questionnaire you can use too! Download and print it for free today! Your mom is going to love it so much, and grandmothers and aunts will too!
Lemon Pistachio Cake
This dessert is kind of like a cake, but a little more like bars. Think about baklava, and the style of it, only a little more crunchy and with the zing of yummy lemon! And also a little more custardy filling. Like a cross between baklava and lemon pie! My mom loves lemon desserts and so do I. So I try to make them for her on her special days.
This lemon pistachio custard crinkle is so different and so delicious. It’s light and creamy and unlike anything else you’ll find!
Lemon Pistachio Custard Crinkle
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or homemade lemon extract)
- ½ cup lemon simple syrup
- ½ cup pistachios crushed
Lemon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup faw sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9×13 dish with nonstick spray
- Crinkle 2 sheets of phyllo dough lengthwise and place in dish
- Continue this process with remaining dough
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Evenly pour melted butter over the dough
- Bake 10 more minutes
- Whisk eggs, raw sugar, milk, and vanilla and pour over dough
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
Make simple syrup:
- Bring sugar & water to simmer
- Add lemon, cook 10 mins
- Drizzle on simple syrup
- Sprinkle on pistachios (or toasted pumpkin seeds), slice, serve, and enjoy!
For more lemon dessert ideas, check these out:
Here are more fun ideas for Mother’s day to treat your Mom: