This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Fresh homemade strawberry pie is so yummy. I am not a fan of jello and I don’t like pie crust, so I came up with this strawberry pie without jello in a graham cracker crust. It would make a great dessert for Mother’s Day.
Strawberry pie, graham cracker crust, no gelatin
I LOVE strawberry pie, and I love anything in a graham cracker crust. I also had some leftover cream cheese in the fridge. I love cream cheese with strawberries. I had noticed that the strawberries on my grocery order were $1.48 a pound, so I knew this was peak strawberry season and ordered 3 pounds.
The kids and I ate a pound on Friday and I had two pounds left to make a pie. I always have plenty of graham crackers around for their snacks. Homemade graham cracker crust is miles tastier than the store-bought ones and they are super cinchy to make. Why not have 10 times the flavor for 5 minute’s work?
How to make graham cracker crust from scratch
Take one package of graham crackers or 9 large whole crackers and toss them in the blender or food processor. Add 6 tablespoons of melted butter, a pinch of salt and 1/3 cup sugar. I use raw sugar. Blend it up and toss it in a pie pan.
I like a rustic looking crust, so I just jam another pie pan inside there and smash. I don’t care if the edges are smooth. It’s cuter with rough ones in my opinion.
Strawberry cream cheese pie
I love cream cheese in my pie and I had half a box of cream cheese leftover from something I made earlier in the week so I used that. It would be good with a whole bar too. Just double the other additions.
The cream cheese make it have a little more of a cheese cake type texture, but the pie is not cooked, so it’s not actual cheese cake.
I took the leftover I had and spread it in the bottom of my pie pan with the cooked and cooled graham cracker crust in it.
Strawberry pie with balsamic vinegar
I have received this delicious fig balsamic vinegar as a gift and was anxious to try it. It came from queen city oils. It smells amazing. If you don’t have any fig vinegar, a little balsamic would be great or you can leave it out, but after tasting this, I suggest you get some because WOW, the flavor enhancement was amazing!
Strawberries are a perfect pairing with sweet, thick balsamic vinegar and this fig infused vinegar did not disappoint.
Make this strawberry pie for your mom or for Memorial Day or the 4th of July and you will NOT be disappointed. I hope they save you a piece!
Strawberry Pie without Jello
- 9 graham crackers
- 6 T butter
- 1/3 c raw sugar you can use white sugar instead
- dash salt
- 1 T fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 c raw sugar
- 4 T corn starch
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c water
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c raw sugar
- Dump graham crackers, salt, and 1/3 c raw sugar in the blender.
- Blend until crackers are powder.
- Melt butter and add to blender.
- Blend and dump into pie pan.
- Smash into pan
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Wash and hull strawberries and set aside to dry.
- Take 2 cups of strawberries and put in the blender with fig balsamic vinegar, zest and juice of lemon, 1 c sugar, and corn starch.
- Blend well.
- Pour into sauce pan.
- Cook on medium, stirring constantly until comes to a boil. Boil one minute and remove from heat.
- Let come to room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese and 1/4 c raw sugar until well blended.
- Spread in bottom of cooled pie shell.
- Add remaining strawberries on top.
- Top with cooled strawberry gel.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
For more pie ideas, check these out: