This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Want a great recipe for a cake that you don’t see every day that’s both delicious and beautiful? Check out this honey lavender cake with lemon glaze. It’s a wonderful lavender recipe to try.
Someone was talking about a lavender cake and I thought, what flavors would go great with that? I decided that honey and lemon were perfect and set out to make a cake that would knock your socks off. Here’s what I came up with.
This would make a perfect dessert for Mother’s Day!
This cake is baked in a Bundt pan. We used mini bunts for a fun treat. Make sure all ingredients are room temperature, especially the eggs and butter. Having your ingredients at room temperature gives any cake a better structure and texture.
Lavender cake recipe
The combination of lemon and lavender is a marriage made in heaven. Just a back note of floral lavender with delicious bright fresh lemon as the main flavor. The honey glaze is the icing on the cake so to speak that makes the flavors sing.
I didn’t add a ton of lavender because I didn’t want the cakes to taste like soap. I came up with the perfect amount.
Honey lavender cake
Honey Lavender Cake
- 3 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c butter
- 2 c raw sugar (can use white sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
Honey Lemon Glaze
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whip together with whisk.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar, lavender and zest and continue beating until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes. Scrape down sides occasionally.
- Add eggs slowly, beating well.
- Then add lemon extract and juice and beat well.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture and half of yogurt and mix. Repeat. Add lemon zest. Add remaining flour and just barely mix until incorporated.
- Spray Bundt pans with cooking spray.
- Add mix to pans. Bake until the cake pulls away from sides and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (About 20-25 minutes)
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes. Turn mini Bundt pans out of pans and onto cooling rack.
- Make the glaze. Heat honey until runny in a saucepan on low. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- When cakes are completely cool, drizzle with glaze and allow to dry at least 2 hours.
I know you’ll enjoy this honey lavender cake with lemon and it’s beautiful for your next party too! I made a bunch of these for a bake sale at a garden open house event and it was the only thing we sold out of. They are so pretty because of the bundt shape, they are great for events such as that. I hope you try it!
For more edible flower ideas, check these out:
For more products with lavender, check these out: