This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Lasagna is one of my daughter’s favorite meals. I love to make it for her and this vegetable meat lasagna is her favorite. I know it will be a family favorite for you as well.
For more quick and easy freezer meals, check these out!
Making a casserole that can be put in the oven when you get home from work is a great way to have meal prep done. This vegetable meat lasagna can be frozen or made the night before and stored in the refrigerator. I love make-ahead meals.
When I make lasagna, I at least double the recipe, but usually quadruple it. I can put it in storage containers that can go straight from the freezer to the oven and bake. When I have a night that I’m too busy or don’t feel like cooking, I can grab one out and get it cooking with almost no effort. My friend always says my freezer is magic because it has so many great surprises.
You can buy store-bought spaghetti sauce for this lasagna or for some outstanding flavor, you can make your own like I do in this post. Check out my oven roasted tomato sauce too.
Why did I choose kohlrabi you might ask? I LOVE it. It’s my very favorite vegetable and it tastes great in this dish. You can substitute broccoli or cauliflower for the kohlrabi or even grate up other vegetables like carrots and squash for another delicious variety. I have found everything tastes great in lasagna! I love it with mushrooms as well.
Lasagna recipe with vegetables and meat
You can even substitute zucchini for the noodles in this vegetable meat lasagna. Just slice the zucchini long ways in thin strips and use it raw like you would the cooked noodles. You can use carrot slices, yellow squash, butternut squash, or eggplant as well. (I would par-cook the butternut or eggplant in some rapidly boiling water for about 10 minutes first.)
Vegetable Meat Lasagna
- 1 pkg lasagna noodles
- 1 bunch baby spinach
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 qt spaghetti sauce
- 2 c ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 3 c grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions in salted water, making sure not to get them too soft. Place ½ c sauce in the bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Add a layer of cooked noodles to cover entire pan. Add about half the spinach and kohlrabi. Add salt and pepper to vegetables if desired. Add about half the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with ½ of all three cheeses. Add another layer of noodles, the remaining spinach and kohlrabi, the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 until top is lightly browned and lasagna is bubbly. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into pieces.
I know this vegetable meat lasagna will please a crowd and will please your family. If you love lasagna, you gotta try making your own. You’ll be pleased!
For more lasagna ideas, check these out:
- Butternut squash and chicken lasagna
- Vegetable lasagna using zucchini noodles
- Stuffed spaghetti squash lasagna
For a meatless recipe or to use no-boil noodles, check this out.
And if you’re looking for more ground beef recipes, check these out: