This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
These spinach egg muffins with cheddar and bacon are great to prep ahead for busy mornings. They are flavorful, easy, and delish! Eggs are inexpensive and quick and easy to cook. So I love to use them!
Egg and Veggie Muffins
Egg and veggie muffins are healthy, simple, and quick to make. You can prep a bunch of them and store them in the fridge for the next few day’s breakfasts or in the freezer for up to three months. (I love make ahead freezer meals!)
You can pop them out and have a quick and easy breakfast meal that’s full of nutrition and cheaper than buying premade or hitting the drive-through.
Here are a few tips for making them:
- To prevent sticking, GENEROUSLY coat your muffin pan with non stick spray. A thin coating isn’t going to do it. If you don’t have spray, you can brush them generously with olive oil or melted butter.
- You can use a silicone muffin pan and then when they are mostly cooled, pushed them out one at a time.
- Use cupcake papers or parchment paper liners.
Spinach Egg Bites Recipe
These little egg bites are so satisfying. I love knowing I’m getting a little big of my veggies for the day in at breakfast time.
To store them:
- Let them cool completely and put them in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, unwrap and place on a microwave safe plate for 30 seconds or less.
- Let them cool completely and individually wrap them in plastic, then place them all in a ziplock bag. To reheat, place them in the refrigerator the night before you need them and then reheat as for refrigerated.
Bacon, Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
Spinach Egg Muffins with Cheddar and Bacon
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 10 Pieces Cooked Bacon crumbled
- Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the spinach into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cheese, milk, bacon & spinach.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. (Easy way to check, touch an egg muffin with your finger to see if they are wet or dry.
Veggie Breakfast Casserole
We make a mean veggie breakfast casserole at Little Sprouts. We love to make our own food here. And check out these delicious egg recipes for more inspiration with eggs. Check out these recipes and these other egg ideas: