This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Peach season is my favorite. We have a local orchard nearby that has some bomb diggity peaches and we can’t get enough of them. I love making this healthy peach cobbler bread, it’s the best peach bread recipe and my kids love it! Making your own bread is a game changer for flavor and health.
This recipe makes 4 loaves. I love to bake and cook in bulk because you have to make the mess, you can make one loaf or 4 and the clean-up is the same. It’s a great time saver.
I love making quick breads for my kids for breakfast and snack. I used to make muffins, but making bread makes it a ton faster and I love saving time in the kitchen.
Peach cobbler bread
This best peach bread recipe is different because it has a cobbler-like topping or streusel on top. We love to get a bushel of peaches at our local orchard and eat as many as we can and then cut up the rest for the freezer. Then we can taste summertime throughout the year!
Peach puree bread recipe
This recipe is a favorite of ours now and we make it every time we get peaches. It freezes great, and you can just pop it out of the freezer and heat it up and serve. It’s super great to have food on hand to feed a crowd or some unexpected company. This peach bread would make a wonderful gift as well.
Not only does this peach bread recipe contain yummy peaches, but it’s also even healthier because it has the added nutrients and fiber of pumpkin puree. We make our own after Halloween and freeze it in one cup packages so we have it to add nutrients to recipes whenever we need it.
It also has the extra fiber of whole wheat flour. You can make it with all white flour if you prefer, but we like to get as many whole grains as we can, and with this blend, it qualifies as a whole grain component on the food program.
Peach bread recipe
Best Peach Cobbler Bread Recipe
- 4 fresh peaches
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 4 sticks room temp butter
- 3 c raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 c flour
- 4 c soft wheat flour
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 2 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 c soft wheat flour or white if preferred
- 2 c raw sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Drop peaches into the blender and puree. Place in a mixing bowl and add pumpkin puree, butter and sugar.
- Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine salt, baking soda and both kinds of flour for the bread.
- Add small amount of milk to mixing bowl and then small amount of flour mixture, alternating and mixing lightly in between until all ingredients are in the bowl.
- Mix until just mixed, do not overmix.
- Pour into 4 greased loaf pans.
- Mix remaining oats, flour, sugar, butter chunks and salt in a bowl. (For the topping)
- Sprinkle on top of loaves.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For more bread recipes, check out: