This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Kids are 80% more likely to try foods if they help prepare them so kids cooking classes are great. Try teaching them to cook egg and vegetable casserole. It just takes a little planning to learn how to teach kids cooking classes.
Click here to see more reasons why you should cook with kids!
Remember to be patient with cooking with kids. They will make mistakes, but it’s okay, that’s how they learn. I have been cooking for over 30 years and I still make mistakes.
Make sure you get all the ingredients prepared and out before you invite the kids to the activity to prevent disaster when they get bored. This casserole is teeming with great nutrition for kids’ growing bodies. My kids love egg casserole and so do I. Yum yum.
Egg recipes for kids
“Popping” eggs as my kids call it, or one boy always said “hatching” them, is a great motor skill for kids to learn. It’s hard to crack an egg successfully and early learning helps develop great skills for later in life.
This egg casserole had a lot of eggs, so it was a great opportunity for each child to get to try more than once. Some of them didn’t want to after the first smashed egg flew all over the table, but that’s okay too. They don’t have to do it if they don’t want to. Dumping ingredients into bowls helps even one-year-olds learn to control their fine motor skills and helps them build their confidence.
Kid friendly casseroles
This breakfast casserole has several servings of vegetables in it as well as nutritious eggs, cheese, and tortillas. All of the ingredients are dumped into a bowl and mixed, then poured into a casserole dish, so most of the steps can be done by the children without much assistance, which helps build their confidence levels in cooking.
Notice in this picture, you see my food mover. I used this tool to help scrape the whole eggs that fell on the table so they wouldn’t be wasted. Being prepared for the cooking disasters is 9/10 of the way to success with the kids.
This egg and vegetable casserole tasted amazing! I recommend you get in the kitchen with our kids and make this or some other recipe as soon as you can.
Veggie breakfast casserole
Egg and Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- Dozen Eggs
- 2 C. Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Minced veggies of your choice we used broccoli and kale
- 2 C. Shredded cheese of your choice we used mozzarella
- 12 chopped corn tortillas
- Wash hands and have kids wash theirs.
- Mix eggs and milk and beat well.
- Add seasoning, veggies and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spray the casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chopped tortillas over the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for about one hour or until egg is set in the center.
What do your kids like to cook?
Check out the blog for more kids cooking class recipes.
Food Program for Daycare Provider Helps
- How to Get Kids to Actually Eat Healthy Food
- Complete Guide to Planning Daycare Menus
- CACFP Meal Planning Template with Sample Menu and Shopping List
- Premade Daycare Monthly Menus
- 5 Minute Daycare Lunches
- Toddler Meals for Picky Eaters
- Dirt cheap meals for daycare