This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Leftovers can be boring, but if you make them into something new they’re not. Leftover spaghetti makes an amazing baked spaghetti pie. It just takes a little planning to learn how to teach kids cooking classes.
I got this idea years ago from my friend Joyce and I don’t have her original recipe, but the idea is definitely hers. When I was a young cook, she helped me by sharing some of her tried and true favorite recipes with me and this was one thing she taught me to cook. I have the other recipe cards she gave me, but I can’t find this one. Luckily, I remembered it pretty well because we made it so much.
Did you have spaghetti last night and have a ton of leftovers? All you need for a delicious new meal is some leftover spaghetti and some leftover noodles. Click here to check out how we make our own roasted tomato sauce from our garden tomatoes for our spaghetti sauce.
The kids LOVE making and eating this because who doesn’t like pie? It’s a great way to serve them spaghetti that is not as messy as the loose noodles that fall all over the floor and everywhere.
If you are a childcare provider or have a lot of kids, you know what I mean about how messy spaghetti is. We have spaghetti for dinner and then let the kids make it into spaghetti pie the next day for lunch so we can avoid a lot of that mess.
Leftover spaghetti pie recipe
The first thing you need to do is mix leftover spaghetti noodles with one beaten egg, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and a fourth of a cup of parmesan cheese. Then press the mixture into a pie pan. Next, add some cottage cheese and then top it with leftover spaghetti sauce. Top the spaghetti pie with some grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake it at 350 in the oven.
Spaghetti pie without ricotta
Joyce’s Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- Leftover spaghetti noodles
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1/4 C shredded parmesean cheese
- 2/3 C cottage cheese
- Leftover spaghetti sauce
- 1 C shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash hands and have kids wash theirs
- Beat one egg
- Mix egg, butter, parmesean cheese and spaghetti noodles well.
- Press into 9 inch pie shell
- Top with cottage cheese
- Top with leftover spaghetti sauce
- Top with mozerella
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top is bubbly and slightly browned
- Cut into slices and serve
For more recipes kids can make, click here.
And if you’re just looking for a quick dinner idea for kids, check this out.
Food Program for Daycare Provider Helps
- How to Get Kids to Actually Eat Healthy Food
- Complete Guide to Planning Daycare Menus
- CACFP Meal Planning Template with Sample Menu and Shopping List
- Premade Daycare Monthly Menus
- 5 Minute Daycare Lunches
- Lunch Ideas for Picky Eaters
- Toddler Meals for Picky Eaters
- Dirt cheap meals for daycare
- Cheap Breakfast Ideas for Daycare
- Cheap Lunch Ideas for Daycare