This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Once I made this recipe, I use my Sore Away Pain Relieving Cream all the time! Rub it on and in a few minutes, your sore muscles feel so much better. Making natural body products that you know are safe gives you peace of mind!
DIY pain relief
It’s not as hard as you might think to ditch and switch to natural products. Learn how to make homemade pain relief cream yourself and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
This pain-relieving cream recipe is so simple to make. The base is coconut oil so if you want it to be a thicker consistency you can store it in the fridge. I like it almost runny, so I leave it out and just use it as oil when it’s warmer in the house. Coconut oil melts at room temperature.
Make sure to use quality essential oils. We only use doTerra. They are pure and we know what we’re putting on our bodies. Some of the cheaper oils are really not good.
Homemade pain relief cream recipe
I have never been a user or pain creams like ben gay or anything like that. As I am getting older with the physical strains of daycare and working in the garden, I have developed a whole lot more aches and pains.
Forty is the new 80 for me. Ha! But I still like to stay active and it gives me a lot of sore muscles.
I can be so sore I think I won’t be able to walk, but after I apply a small amount of this pain-relieving cream, I feel better almost instantly. It’s hard to believe.
You can use it on your sore back and shoulder muscles pulled hamstrings or sore feet and ankles from standing or walking a long time. It helps almost instantly. I love not having to wait or use ibuprofen for pain relief.
Sore muscle cream
All you do to make the sore muscle cream is melt the coconut oil and add the other ingredients. You can do it in just a few minutes. You might want to use a mason jar or something that seals really well so it won’t leak if it’s at the liquid stage in a warm environment. I love to have my sore muscle cream in a short, wide mouth mason jar in my travel bag so I can take it on the go.
Natural Sore Away Cream
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 15 drops do terra lavender essential oil
- 10 drops do terra peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops do terra eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops do terra lemon essential oil
- 5 drops do terra wild orange essential oil
- Place coconut oil in a mason jar in a pan of water
- Heat on low heat until coconut oil melts.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Pour into containers and let come to room temperature and harden.
- This cream will melt when temperatures are above 74 or so degrees, so make sure you keep it in a sealed container if it won’t be just sitting on a counter.
If you prefer to make your own body products with healthy ingredients, check these out:
- Whipped body butter lotion
- Natural mosquito repellant
- Anti-itch bug bite sticks
- Natural healing salve
- Homemade luffa soap
- Homemade lanolin lip balm
- Homemade shower vapor tablets
- Homemade elderberry syrup
- Homemade elderberry gummies
- Calming lavender bath salts
- Lavender Bath Melts
Learning to make your own body products really improves the quality and safety of your life. Click on the links to see how.
Don’t forget to pin for later