This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Handmade gifts are so thoughtful and special. Check out these homemade Christmas gifts you can make yourself for some holiday inspiration! It’s a beautiful thing to put time and thought into your gift and your own energy from your own hands. And for unique gift ideas for everyone on your list, check this out.
Here is a great list of things you can make yourself that your friends and family will love.
Homemade Christmas gifts food
Food gifts are always a hit for the holidays because people love to eat. Giving someone something they came make later is thoughtful too because Christmas time can be busy. I love the idea of making mixes or things people can cook in January when they are cold, broke, and want a family activity.
- Another great idea for Christmas food gifts is pies, bread, cookies, and other things people can serve for holiday meals. Who doesn’t want a homemade pie at the Christmas table?
- Homemade Granola (kids can help with this one too!) makes a great gift people can enjoy now or later.
- Soup Mixes in a Jar are wonderful for friends and acquaintances to make later on a cold winter day.
- Cookies are sure to please any Christmas gift recipient. Who wouldn’t want some world-famous delicious cookies!
- Monster Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies in a Jar
- Seasoning mixes and flavorings make beautiful gifts that can be used in so many ways in so many dishes. You could even include recipes for how to use them.
- Taco Seasoning Mix
If you can sew, home-sewn gifts make wonderful Christmas gifts straight from the heart. I would love to have this talent or to receive anything from someone who does.
Heartfelt homemade Christmas gifts
Think about some other consumable gifts that aren’t food for humans. Birdseed gifts, garden gifts, candles and other things all make wonderful gifts.
Christmas gift ideas homemade
- This Upcycled Hose Wreath would be a perfect gift for any homeowner to display on their door. You might be able to make it with what you have laying around too. Even better is a gift that saves waste from going to the landfill and is a gift to the earth and the future as well. These gifts that use up scraps or preserve things for later are perfect for Christmas or any other time of year.
- Mason Jar Gifts (Spice Jars, Lamps, Soap Pumps, etc)
- Almond Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Extract
- Lemon Extract
- Coiled Rope Baskets
- Wooden Dominoes
- Homemade gifts from scrap fabric
Body products people can use make great Christmas gifts too, check some of these out.
- Peppermint Winter Snow Body Scrub
- Shower Vapor Tablets
- Lip Balm
- Luffa Soap
- Clay Essential Oil Diffuser Necklaces
- Soap Pouch
- Lemon Lime Bath Salts
- Warm Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Personalized Books
- Infinity Scarf
- Healing Salve
Homemade holiday gifts for kids
You can make homemade gifts for kids as well that are thoughtful and useful. Here are some Christmas gifts any kid would love to get.
There are so many things you can make for others that show you love and care about them. Putting thought into homemade gifts you can make yourself makes the Christmas season or any time of giving a whole lot more personal and fun!