This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Who doesn’t agree that Sonic has yummy cherry limeades? Here’s a cherry limeade recipe with the fun fizzy flavor but no artificial colors or corn syrup. They make a great party drink for kids too!
Sonic makes the yummiest cherry limeades, but I did some experimenting and came up with one that is just as good, but not full of chemicals I don’t want to serve myself and my family. You’d be surprised the effects chemicals in food can have on your kids (and even you).
I still want to have fun and enjoy a refreshing drink. And there are lots of health benefits to using limes and cherries in your food and drinks. The electrolytes for starters. Your body needs these to move water through the body and rehydrate it and water doesn’t have them. So when you get super hot and sweaty on a hot day in the summer, you need to replenish them with something. So think of it like Gatorade!
Why Sonic limeades? They have that yummy sweet cherry and tart flavor that is so refreshing in the summertime. I have lots of great memories of cherry limeades with friends and family over the years. I just feel guilty for consuming a whole Styrofoam cup full of chemicals and sugars and then throwing the cup in the landfill. So I came up with my own way of doing it. It’s made with real fruit, no artificial colors, it’s gorgeous and tastes even better!
Drinks without high fructose corn syrup
You could use crushed ice to make your limeade even more Sonic-like. You can sweeten this drink with either raw sugar or even honey. We used raw sugar, but I bet honey would add another twist of goodness.
Sonic Cherry Limeade Recipe
Sonic Cherry Limeade
- Cutting Board
- Mason Jar
- 1/3 c raw sugar (or honey)
- 1/3 c water
- 1/2 c tart cherry juice, no sugar added
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 c club soda
- Cook and stir sugar on low heat in water until it’s completely dissolved. If you’re using honey, you don’t even have to heat it, just a little stirring will help the honey incorporate into the water.
- Cool the simple syrup.
- Add it to a quart sized mason jar and add the juice of two freshly squeezed limes and the cherry juice.
- Stir well.
- Add club soda and ice and put the lid on the jar and shake it well.
- Pour into smaller mason jars or glasses and enjoy.