This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
If you’re looking for an easy, quick, and super satisfying meal, these air fryer chicken fajitas are where it’s at. Homemade taco seasoning is sprinkled over chicken and veggies that are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, then served on a warm tortilla. Top with guacamole or whatever you like! Another amazing air fryer chicken recipe to get dinner on the table in no time.
My ninja foodi air fryer oven has changed my cooking life! I don’t know how I lived without it.
Vegetables for fajitas
There are so many great vegetables that taste amazing on fajitas. We like the peppers and onions, but we also like to branch out into broccoli, cauliflower, even thinly sliced carrots cook up great for fajitas. I find that the key is keeping the onion in there.
And don’t forget about the tortillas. Most fajitas are made on flour tortillas like these, but I also love them on corn tortillas. My husband enjoys them on whole wheat tortillas. Or you don’t have to use any tortillas at all. Just make a big fajita salad or some nachos!
These fajitas are seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning mix. You can get the recipe here and keep it on hand for so many amazing Mexican flavored dishes.
Air fryer chicken recipes
The air fryer makes wonderfully wonderful chicken like these other air fryer chicken breasts and more. The air frying seals the moisture into the meat and crisps up the outside with a wonderfully flavorful crust. Air fried chicken is so good!
Quick Chicken Fajitas bursting with flavor from air fryer cooking and paired with super yummy veggies and a spicy kick!
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Flour Tortillas
Slice vegetables into strips.
Mix chicken breasts and vegetables in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and taco seasoning mix.
Arrange chicken breasts on one tray and vegetables on another one in the air fryer oven.
Air fry at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
While the vegetables finish cooking or as they cool if they are nice and brown and tender, slice the chicken into thin strips.
Heat up some tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top and fill with your fajita mixture. Enjoy!
- It’s less important how long the chicken has been cooking and more important about it reaching the correct internal temperature. Each chicken breast will fluctuate in time cooked, but that internal temperature is the same for all chicken.
- If it looks like a lot of peppers and onions, it will shrink. It’s the perfect amount.
- You don’t want to cut your chicken or vegetables into large chunks as this will make it hard for filling the tortilla and taking bites. Bite-size pieces are the way to go. Remember, the peppers and onions shrink, so they won’t be near as big once they’re done – cut accordingly.
- These air fryer chicken fajitas keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months if sealed in an airtight container. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Side dishes for chicken fajitas
There are some great dishes that go well with air fryer chicken fajitas, try one of these:
I can’t wait to hear all about your yummy chicken fajitas in the air fryer. It’s going to be a new family favorite and it’s so easy to make!
Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
Download and use this handy air fryer cooking times cheat sheet in your kitchen!