This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
At Little Sprouts, we love celebrating holidays and special days in our daycare. Special snacks like these 4th of July Snacks for Daycare make holiday celebrations lots of fun!
Whip up some of the best 4th of July snacks, and patriotic treats that look as fun and appealing as they taste to help create an upbeat mood for the patriotic holiday. Holiday celebrations are a really fun part of running a home daycare.
For more special holiday treat ideas, check these out:
- Adorable Winter Themed Snacks for Daycare
- Easy and Fun Halloween Snacks for Daycare
- Valentine Snack Ideas
- Christmas Themed Breakfasts for Daycare
Red, White, and Blue Treats
There are many quick 4th of July snacks you can throw together to create an American flag theme for the Fourth of July.
- Surround a bowl of salsa with white and blue corn chips to provide a spicy snack.
- Stack blueberry and cherry mini-muffins on a white plate to provide a light snack.
- Purchase mini-cupcakes with white frosting and decorate them with red, white, and blue sprinkles to provide a sweet snack.
- Patriotic Potato Salad: There are many ways to create patriotic potato salad; include red, white, and blue potatoes. Wash, dice, and steam the potatoes until soft. Add the potatoes to a bowl, mix in your dressing, chill until needed, and serve. Mix the potatoes with chives and sour cream for a simple snack or mix them with Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, parsley, and tomatoes for a zesty snack.
- Crockpots steaming with saucy meatballs or miniature sausages is a classic American appetizer for a 4th of July party. Meatballs can be handmade or purchased frozen for a quick shortcut and put on to cook in the morning in a barbecue, teriyaki, or sweet and sour sauce and left to simmer until party time. Place plenty of toothpicks and napkins next to the serving bowl to allow guests to poke a meatball one at a time.
- Patriotic Trifle: The kids will love that! What’s better than a colorful bowl of fruit! This easy and chilled sweet treat is the perfect combination and a common snack for summer celebrations. Slice fresh strawberries into quarters. Layer strawberries, and blueberries and prepared vanilla pudding in a clear bowl. Add a second layer of strawberries, blueberries, and pudding. Top the bowl with lines of strawberries and blueberries. Keep the pudding chilled until serving time.
- Star Spangled Gelatin Squares: Layered gelatin snacks provide interesting color combinations without sacrificing any of the taste. Mix up one box of cherry gelatin, pour it into a glass bread pan, and sprinkle with blueberries. Let the gelatin chill. Smear the dish with whipped topping and decorate it with star-shaped sprinkles. Cut the gelatin into squares and keep chilled until serving time.
- Easy 4Th Of July Patriotic Deviled Eggs: Dress up any basic deviled egg recipe with red spices and serve on a blue plate to give the classic snack a Fourth of July twist. Boil a dozen eggs and peel away the shell. Cut the eggs in half, place the yolks in a bowl, and mix with a tablespoon of mustard and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. Scoop the yolk mixture back into the eggs. Arrange the eggs on a blue plate and sprinkle lightly with sweet paprika.
Healthy snacks for kids
- Patriotic Fruit Kabobs: For a fun twist, spear fresh fruit onto wooden skewers and serve with a yogurt dip to provide daycare kids with a healthy snack option. Slide alternating watermelon slices, banana slices, and blueberries on the skewer to create a red, white, and blue pattern. Mix vanilla yogurt with a little honey and place it next to the fruit as a dip. Even the pickiest eaters will love this idea!
- Cheese and meat platters are great party snacks as they offer a large variety of flavors to suit kids’ preferences. Fill the cheese tray with sharp cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, and any other cheese available. Meats include dried salami, sausages, thin slices of pancetta, and prosciutto. Provide fresh slices of artisan bread and crackers along with the platter.
- 4th of July is a great time to give kids cold-dip favorites including cucumber dip, guacamole, fresh salsa, fruit salsa, and spinach artichoke dip. Provide plenty of items to dip into the bowls including tortilla chips, bread slices, pita chips, bread sticks, crackers, and fresh vegetables.
- Bowls of mixed nuts including peanuts, cashews, and walnuts pistachio are great finger food.
For more healthy 4th of July snack ideas, check these out:
Daycare 4th of July crafts for toddlers
For more fun ways to celebrate the 4th of July with your daycare kids is with some of these super fun 4th of July activities for toddlers:
- Fireworks in a Jar Activity
- Printable Shrinky Dinks for the 4th of July
- DIY 4th of July Necklace
- Tissue Paper Sparklers
- Festive 4th of July Discovery Bottles
4th of July is a really fun holiday to enjoy with your toddlers and preschoolers in home daycare. There is so much kids can learn about the holiday and from the icons that represent it. There’s more than just fireworks to the 4th of July!