This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
This Instant Pot Turkey Breast is so easy and made in a fraction of the time you’re used to. It’s juicy and you can make the gravy right in the same pot. The instant pot is one of the best cooking inventions for making easy dinners.
Pressure cooked turkey
The instant pot is all the rage these days and there are some pretty good reasons for it. The time saving alone is bomb! The pressure cooker can help you come up with a ton of easy dinner ideas in no time. Here are some wonderful instant pot recipes my kids and family love:
- Instant pot pork tenderloin casserole
- Chicken and wild rice soup in the instant pot
- Instant pot chicken tortilla soup
I love my Instant Pot and after trying this roasted turkey breast in the oven, instant pot, and slow cooker, it turns out far more juicy and flavorful in the instant pot. It’s the clear winner. And I hate dry meat!
I love making just a turkey breast sometimes. I can slice it to make my own lunch meat for the kids since we can’t serve store-bought lunch meat, or I can cook it when I don’t have time to make 10,000 leftover dishes from a whole turkey for just my husband and me. I mean, I do love leftovers, but I don’t always have time to deal with a whole turkey of them.
For more ideas on cooking poultry of many kinds for beginners, check this out.
And like I said, when you cook your turkey breast in the instant pot, you’ll have the drippings to make gravy. You can switch that bad boy to saute, and follow my recipe for making turkey gravy like grandma’s and have at it. So yummy! And, after all that cooking, there’s only one pot to wash. That’s my favorite way to cook!
Instant pot turkey recipe
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2-3 lb Skin-On Turkey Breast
- 3 Tablespoons Butter softened
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Place oil in your instant pot and set to saute.
- Rub the turkey breast all over with butter and then season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Once the oil is hot, place the turkey breast skin side-down and brown completely, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and brown the underside for 2 minutes before removing the turkey breast to a clean plate.
- Turn the saute setting off and add the chicken broth or water to the instant pot.
- Place the Trivet in the instant pot and then set the turkey breast back in.
- Secure the lid and set to poultry to cook for 6-7 minutes per pound, so 14 minutes for a 2lb turkey breast, 21 minutes for a 3lb turkey breast, etc.
- Allow natural release for 10 minutes.
- If desired, place the turkey breast under the broiler for 2 minutes to crisp up the skin a bit more.
Frozen turkey breast, instant pot
To cook a fully frozen turkey breast in your instant pot (and the IP is the only way I would even attempt that), you just have to adjust your times a little bit like is shown here.
Don’t forget to check out these kid-friendly instant pot recipes too!
Instant Pot Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
And don’t forget to download your free printable instant pot cooking time cheat sheet here.