This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
There’s nothing easier on a busy weeknight than a quick meal in the instant pot. This instant pot broccoli cheddar soup is rich, creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
I don’t know about you, but dinner time always sneaks up on me! One minute it’s 2:00 and I’m about to get the kids up from nap, and the next is 5:30, they are all gone, and Mr. Kent is looking at me with those hungry eyes. And the worst part about dinner is it HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe
This instant pot broccoli cheddar soup reminds me of the yummy soup they have at Panera, velvety smooth, full of flavor, but this one is even better! All I can say is yummy! First, you pressure cook the veggies, then you add the cheese and there you have it! Pure heaven with a few crackers or some bread to dip!
- Sharp cheddar brings much more flavor than medium or mild.
- Grating your own cheese will give you a much creamier soup. Pre-grated cheeses are covered in a weird powder that doesn’t let them melt as well.
- Cut your broccoli small. Smaller than bite size. It makes for the best texture.
- Shred the carrots so they will cook fast enough with the broccoli.
- If you don’t want it quite as heavy you can use half and half or use half cream, half whole milk.
- You can make it vegetarian by using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
The soup pairs great with a side veggie, a salad, or bread. This is our favorite bread recipe. This is our favorite side veggie. And our favorite salad is this cucumber tomato salad. These super easy Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits would be a bomb side for this recipe. Of course, there are many sides that would be great.
For more inspiration, check these out:
Broccoli soup for toddlers
This recipe is a kid pleaser and even my picky toddlers enjoy it. My kids really do like many different kinds of soup. But broccoli is a favorite vegetable at daycare. This one is a favorite for sure though!
For more broccoli ideas, check these out:
Cheddar broccoli soup healthy
Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into small bites
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 onion diced
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add broccoli, carrots and onions to the instant pot.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add the block of cream cheese.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal.
- Use the manual setting, and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- It will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure.
- When the timer sounds, use the quick release valve.
- Remove lid, add cheddar cheese and stir.
- Turn the instant pot to saute.
- Allow the soup to cook for about 3 minutes, but keep an eye on it and do not let it boil!
- Turn the instant pot off, serve immediately.
- Allow leftovers to cool to room temperature before stirring in an airtight container in the fridge.
Instant Pot Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
And don’t forget to download your free printable instant pot cooking time cheat sheet here.