This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
I love being able to cook one chicken and make three meals. This Chicken Fried Rice is one of our favorite meals to make when we do our leftover cooking.
Leftover meat makes super easy dinner many times over. Another trick I love to use is cooking one pork roast and making 5 meals from it. It usually makes even more because there is so much meat. And time saving in the kitchen is my bag!
Leftover chicken recipes
Check out these other leftover chicken recipes that you can make at home in a snap with your leftover meat.
- Leftover mini chicken pot pie
- Leftover Chicken Fried Rice
- Quick chicken recipes
- Quick and easy meals with leftovers
- Dinner in 30 minutes or less
And don’t forget these tips on how to cook a whole chicken (or a turkey, duck, or other poultry too)
Once you have your chicken made, you’re ready to whip out several dinners fast. And this chicken fried rice is going to be one of your favorites, I promise! And for more easy frugal family dinner ideas, check this out.
After 28 years of running a home daycare, I’ve seen all kinds of eaters, and I know how to feed the pickiest at least something. Here are more ideas for dinner that might work with picky eaters.
I love making a big batch of rice at the beginning of the week and enjoying it several times as well. You could make chicken enchiladas and have a side of rice, make this chicken fried rice as an asian flavored meal, and then do a chicken and rice soup or something like that. And don’t forget you can eat rice sweet for breakfast! We love versatile food!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 sliced carrots
- 1 small diced hot pepper of choice
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 crowns broccoli cut up
- 1 cup leftover shredded chicken
- 4 beaten eggs
- ½ bag frozen peas thawed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 T. soy sauce
- Place rice and stock in rice cooker.
- Set rice cooker for 90 minutes.
- In a skillet, put coconut oil, onion, carrots, hot pepper, and ginger.
- Cook until ingredients are tender.
- Add broccoli, chicken, and eggs.
- Cook and stir until eggs are done.
- Add peas, garlic crushed, and soy sauce.
- Cook and stir one minute longer.
Note: When cooking the recipe in a skillet, heat should be on medium.
I can’t wait to hear all about what you think of this chicken fried rice and the creativity it sparks for you with your leftovers. I know you’re going to be doing amazing things! I love simple dinner ideas!