This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
This delectable Vanilla Bean Loaf combines the comforting familiarity of a classic sweet loaf with the luxurious essence of real vanilla. Every slice reveals flecks of vanilla beans, a testament to the authentic ingredients used in this recipe.
Perfectly sweet and irresistibly moist, this loaf is an ideal companion for your morning coffee, afternoon tea, or as a dessert to finish off a perfect meal. Our easy-to-follow recipe means you can bring this alluring Vanilla Bean Sweet Loaf to life in your own kitchen. So roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and get ready to experience home-baked bliss.
Grade B vanilla beans bulk
This recipe calls for vanilla extract as well as vanilla bean powder so you’ll want to get your vanilla beans in bulk if you are making it yourself. We love to make homemade vanilla bean powder as well as lots of other vanilla products like:
- DIY Vanilla Bean Soap with Ylang Ylang
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup (watch out Starbucks!)
- How to Make Homemade Vanilla Sugar
Vanilla is so intoxicating. The aroma it puts off transports you to another time and place. I just love vanilla flavored everything!
Homemade vanilla extract
Making homemade vanilla is super simple. We make ours with the recipe linked at the beginning of the article, but we also sometimes make homemade vanilla without alcohol. Both are great, and are good for different uses. We like to use either one interchangeably in our vanilla bean sweet loaf.
Vanilla Bean Sweet Loaf
Now let’s get cooking and get you some aromatic sweet bread for your belly! Yum!
To check for doneness, poke with a toothpick into the center of the loaf and see if it comes out clean or with just crumbs. If it comes out with batter on it, bake a few minutes longer until the toothpick comes out clean.
Vanilla Bean Loaf
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter room temp
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 5 eggs room temp
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray loaf pan with non stick baking spray
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add sugar, butter, vanilla powder, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Lightly tap the pan on the counter to allow the batter to evenly spread and settle into the pan.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and place on the center oven rack.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top