This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
In the summer we love making refreshers or infused water recipes with herbs, fruits, and teas. Orange infused water is one of our favorites, and this one is DELISH!
Infusions are used in many beverages to add flavor to the drink. It is how we make tea. It’s a simple process. If you have brewed tea, you have made an infusion. Many infusions contain tea, and many do not. By definition, an infusion is a drink made by placing a flavoring ingredient (tea, herbs, or fruit) into a liquid. Infusions are the most popular method of preparing tea.
Infused orange water
Infused water can be infused with tea or not. Either way, it’s full of health benefits. Oranges are full of vitamin C. They smell good, make great juice, and more. When you infuse the water with the full orange including the peel and the pith, you get the full benefits of the orange in your water.
Benefits of orange water
- Orange protect the skin with their antioxidant, beta-carotene. It eliminates signs of aging with free radicals.
- They are rich in potassium which is an electrolyte that helps with heart function.
- Oranges are rich in citrus limonoids which fight cancer.
- Oranges stimulate digestive juices and relieve constipation.
- They provide alkaline minerals which help keep the body balanced.
- They protect eye health as well.
How long does infused water last?
It takes 8-24 hours to infuse water and it will last if kept refrigerated for 3-4 days. Don’t infuse it too long it or will get bitter. I like to infuse mine overnight and then drink and refill each day to use the ingredients 3-4 times before I discard them. This produces less waste. I hate wasting food. Then of course, you can eat the fruit or compost it.
Orange Infused Water (Tea)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 bag green tea
- Half orange sliced up
- 4 dry roses or petals
- 1 cup cold water
- Brew the tea and dried rose petals in boiling water for four minutes.
- Chill the mixture for about two hours.
- Add orange slices and and let chill overnight.
Recipe infused water
Check out our other flavors of infused water here:
For more chemical free drink ideas, check out these kids party drinks!