This page may contain affiliate links. Learn More.
Add a kick of flavor to your steaks with this homemade simple steak seasoning! Making homemade spice blends and extracts is so much fun!
Steak seasoning is super versatile and delicious. Garlic, thyme, and sea salt give amazing flavor while the paprika gives gorgeous color and presentation. You can whip up a big batch of it and store it in your cabinet to use for months.
My family loves making spice mixes, extracts, and flavorings together. It’s really a fun time and then you get yummy stuff to keep. And this steak seasoning is one of our favorites. Some of our other favorites are:
- How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract!
- Homemade Chocolate Extract
- How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix
- How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
We make a ton more too. But these are the most popular ones in our repertoire. One year for my sister’s birthday, we made huge batches of spice mixes as an activity. It was really fun. We all got a gift from that and every time we cooked from our jars, we thought of each other.
Herbs for steak seasoning
The best herb on steak in my opinion is thyme. I just love it! And paprika is classic for beef as well. And I love garlic on any kind of meat. So good. You could also substitute rosemary for thyme if you prefer the flavor. You can even do both. Add a half cup of each if you like it really herby and if you don’t, do a fourth of a cup of each.
- If you want even more flavor, you can add half a cup of onion powder or dried onion.
- Store in a sealed container in the pantry for up to a month. Do not freeze.
Here are some more recipes to use steak seasoning in:
Simple Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 cup Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully combined.