New Beginnings-12 Ways to Empower Yourself to LIVE WELL!
Are you tired of feeling rundown and overwhelmed? Are you always one step behind where you feel you need to be? You deserve to LIVE WELL! It’s time for some new beginnings!
People always ask me, how do you get so much done? The answer is simple. I take care of myself. I live well, and you can too, you just need to start to make a change. Just take one baby step towards a healthier you!
New Beginnings-12 Ways to Empower Yourself to LIVE WELL!
1. Get organized. Clutter will suck the life out of you. Click here to see some steps you can take to get your home in a more manageable condition. Getting organized is one of the best new beginnings you can start with. Try menu planning and bulk cooking to get ahead of your workload and fuel your body with better choices. It’s great for your budget too! If you take a few minutes to think about what you need to accomplish and where you need to be, it will be a great gift for yourself for the future.
2. Get control of your finances. Let’s face it, if you’re not controlling them, they are controlling you! Are you on a spending spiral just so you can keep up appearances? Are you buying things you don’t need to fill a void inside of you? Are you letting consumerism control your thinking? You don’t need STUFF to be happy. You need love and fulfillment. Where do those come from? Look outside of yourself and see people’s needs. Spend your time doing things you KNOW matter and sharing love with other people. Changing your mindset about that is a wonderful new beginning!
Any post on this blog may contain affiliate links which pay me a very small commission for items you purchase using the links but costs you nothing extra. I can help defray a small percentage of the cost of producing the blog to share information with you.
It’s not just spending that’s a problem for budgets, it also can be lack of planning. You should know how much money you have coming into your household and have a plan for it before it arrives. If you don’t, that money is gone before you know it! Check out Dave Ramsey for some excellent budget advice. His program changed our lives and it can change yours too. Click here to find out more about it.
Live your best life!
3. Avoid distractions-TV, computers, and cell phones. Do you have good intentions but get wrapped up in Pinterest or Facebook and they fall by the wayside? Do you spend hours a day watching TV instead of engaged in working toward your goals? It’s easy to do. Its part of society’s way, but you could be using that time SO MUCH more wisely. Live well. Call your grandmother and visit with her for a few minutes. You know it won’t take long because Grandma is worried about your long distance bill! Write a letter or an email to a good friend you haven’t seen. Spend an evening baking bread with your sweetheart. You’ll be amazed at how working together can draw your family closer.
4. Be mindful of the world around you. Use natural products for cleaning. If you are using harsh chemicals to clean, it WILL affect your health. Those chemicals build up in your home and are harmful to your kids and pets as well. Give some natural alternatives a try. We clean our home almost exclusively with vinegar. It’s great for fabric softener, window cleaner, it disinfects all kinds of surfaces and it will make your dishes SPARKLE! Stop wasting. Try to buy products with less packaging and recycle the packaging you do have. Even small changes can make a huge difference for the future of our earth. Your grandchildren will thank you! Click here to see how upcycling can give you a new beginning this year. Click here to see how to make innovation your focus.
5. Eat real food! Live well by eating well. It gives you energy and helps your body function. If you feel sluggish all the time, maybe it’s because your body does not have the fuel it needs. Avoiding chemical additives in your food will help you achieve great health. There are so many additives in food these days, the ingredient list looks more like a foreign language or science experiment than a nourishing meal. To live well, try eating just plain food, like your great-grandparents would have eaten. Try your hand at making your own bread products. I started doing that years ago when I discovered sulfites were making me sick. When I looked into it, they were in EVERY bread product, so I started making my own bread, muffins, cookies, rolls, buns, and breadsticks and I have felt so much better ever since. Click here to read about how I make my bread.
There are plenty of other foods full to the brim with harmful chemicals lurking on the grocery shelves. Try to make a habit of shopping the perimeters of the store. Most of the whole food ingredients are on the outside aisles of the store. All of your stove top stuffing and Betty Crocker products are on the interior aisles. Just say no to feeling horrible anymore! Include plenty of fresh fruits and veggies in your diet and try to eat as much of your food uncooked as you can. You should have something raw in every meal. The enzymes that naturally occur in raw fruits and veggies are very beneficial for your body. They are cooked out when heated, so try to eat something raw at the beginning of each meal. Think a grapefruit before your oatmeal or a salad before your sandwich. That’s where those habits started.
Click here to see how essential oils can help you in the new year.
Tips for living well
6. Move MORE! You don’t have to run marathons to get benefits from exercise. Around here, the kids and I have dance-offs and dance parties. We work hard in the garden and play hard on the playground. If the kids are playing without me in the backyard, I will take some laps around the edging that holds the pea gravel in the playground and work on my balance. I don’t enjoy a lot of sitting around. Even though I am overweight, I still am concerned about the health of my body so I do what I can to keep from gaining even more weight.
My husband is a personal trainer and he teaches the kids physical education. I like to do the activities with them. In addition, childcare is a super physical job. Think of carrying a bunch of frozen turkeys around at your workplace. That’s kind of similar to toting toddlers all day. Take your kids for walks, they love it and you can explore while you’re moving. If the kids are having free play, fit in a few squats or pushups. Usually, when I do, the kids join in any way. This is a big way I live well.
7. Get plenty of sleep. No one can perform to their fullest or feel their best when they are too tired. Learn how to go to bed earlier. Try even 15 minutes earlier and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Sleep is restorative. While you’re sleeping, your body rejuvenates and your organs and cells heal. You cannot be healthy without plenty of rest. Most people need 8 hours of sleep per night. If you have trouble falling asleep, try some lavender which has a relaxing quality, and makes a relaxing bedtime routine. Sleep will make a huge difference for you. The more you get, the better you’ll feel. It’s hard to take the time to get enough sleep, but trust me, you’ll be more productive during the day if you get plenty of rest. You’ll be more pleasant and make better decisions too which makes your whole life better.
8. Drink plenty of water. Your body needs WATER. It doesn’t need diet soda, or iced tea, it NEEDS water. Water helps your brain function better. Water makes your skin look younger and healthier. I know what you’re saying because I used to drink no water and all of my fluids were made up of soda and other sweet drinks. Drink clean, clear water for a better 2016! Click here to check out happiness tea that will keep you hydrated and feeling well.
9. Avoid harmful substances. Tobacco, too much alcohol, and too much caffeine can make your body dependent and rob you of your health. These substances but a heavy strain on your organs. You will never reach optimal health until you get a hold of your habits. A little coffee or wine is fine, and some even say it’s good for you, but too much of anything is not good. Artificial sweeteners are one of the worst things you can put into your body! If you are using them, make that the first thing you try to stop. Studies show that diet soda makes you gain more weight than regular soda. Fake sugar is not your friend, it’s poisonous! Click here to learn more about the dangers of diet products.
Living the good life
10. What about sugar? Is processed white sugar better for you than artificial sweeteners? Processed white sugar is harmful to your health as well. It’s best to stick to natural sweeteners. If you’re craving something sweet, have a piece of whole, unprocessed fruit. If you want to make a special dessert, find one with natural sugars in the ingredients such as molasses, real maple syrup, or honey. These products are unprocessed or less processed and still contain vital nutrients for the health of your body. As with any kind of sweetener, too much is just that, too much.
What makes a great life?
11. Meditate. You need some quiet time every day to reflect and renew your mind. Prayer and worship are amazingly restorative. I have seen studies on brain scans of people as they pray or worship and I was amazed at how it makes me feel to worship my Savior can actually be SEEN on brain scans. Look it up, you’ll be amazed too. You need to quiet yourself and focus inward every day for optimal health. It resets your body, mind, and spirit. Even just 5 minutes will make a huge difference.
12. GET OUTSIDE! Nature helps fight depression and anxiety and gives you energy. There have been many studies on how the microbes in the soil fight anxiety and depression. It’s fascinating. I struggle with these things, but in the years since I have been hardcore gardening with my kids, I have noticed little to no depression and my anxiety is remarkably more in control. I can’t even explain it in words, but I know it’s true. Click here to read a short article about this.
See how gardening can help you keep your new year’s resolutions and help you live well.
Live the life you deserve
Choose one thing on this list and try to do it today and work your way from there. Living well is a gift you give yourself daily. You are worth it. You are valuable. Set your intentions to living your best life. Start a new beginning today! Click here to see small steps to a healthier new year!
Check out a funny take on new beginnings. I’m sure you’ll be even more inspired to live your best life!
Don’t forget to pin for later!