Thanks to all who entered. The contest is now over. 🙂
Today is a celebration of YOU, our readers! We appreciate you taking your time to stop by Little Sprouts Learning and see what we’re up to and for all of your encouragement. My Little Sprouts and I have harvested over 800 POUNDS of chemical free, healthy food from our little garden this year and we are so excited! This month I posted my 100th post to the blog AND yesterday we reached our 2014 goal of 1,000 likes on facebook! We couldn’t be more excited! We want to celebrate by giving 4 of YOU, our readers, something special. Keep reading to find out what you can win and how. Enter by Wednesday, November 19th!
If you are new to the blog and you want to see what we’ve grown this year, you can check in the archives for the garden glory posts. Each one tells what we harvested that week. If you want to see how we got started, or why we’re growing our own food, click on one of these links:
Why Garden with Kids?
How We Got Started
What We’re Growing
If you’re interested in what we’ve been up to, take a look around. And please leave comments on anything you have thoughts about. We love to hear from you!
This week’s garden glory is all about broccoli. We had 20 degree temps in the forecast, so we harvested the broccoli we had growing in case the plants don’t survive the cold snap. It’s been 20’s and 30’s for the past four days, so I’m glad we did that.
We harvested 2 pounds of food this week including some swiss chard, 1/2 pound of dried beans and 1 1/2 pounds of the most beautiful broccoli I’ve ever seen. I mean, isn’t it gorgeous? We’re so proud!
These boys think so.
Here’s our harvest, looking all tasty and healthy!
Now onto our celebration news:
We are having an awesome giveaway of some great products I know will give your garden dreams a big ole boost!
How can you win?
1. Like the Little Sprouts facebook page so you can keep up with what we’re learning.
2. Sign up for our newsletter on the homepage to get each post delivered to your mailbox.
3. Leave a comment on this post telling me something you have learned from gardening or something you would like to learn. Or you can tell me something you enjoy about what the kids are learning at Little Sprouts.
If my 1-6 year olds can grow their own food, you can too. I hope if you’ve been thinking of growing something yourself, you’ll get right in there and get planning for the spring.
So let’s get down to the prizes, what can you win?
1. A three pack of Annie Haven’s amazing moo poo tea! This is what we use to fertilize our garden plants with, nothing else! It makes the garden roots grow deep and strong for better production in our garden. I won our first moo poo tea in a giveaway and I have never looked back! You will get three tea bags of manure tea you can brew into your own moo poo tea to water your plants with.
2. A copy of Dee Nash’s 20/30 Something Garden Guide. A great book for getting started in the garden or learning even more to take your garden to the next level. This is a wonderful book full of great information.
3. A 3 pack of homegrown luffa sponges grown by my Little Sprouts here at the daycare. They are great for exfoliating, scrubbing dishes, or washing the car. The uses for them are unending and they are super cool.
4. A 6 month membership to the Seeds of the Month Club. You will receive 100% non-GMO seeds. 8 packs your first month, and 4 packs per month every month after. What’s more exciting than FREE SEEDS?
Now for the rules:
United States addresses only due to shipping prices.
Names will be drawn randomly and winners notified by e-mail. If your name is chosen, you will have 24 hours to respond before I move to the next winner and your prize will be given to them.
There will be four separate winners for the four separate prizes.
The giveaway will end Wednesday, November 19th, 2014.
That’s it, that’s all the rules.
Please share share share this giveaway anywhere you can! And thank you so much for all the support, comments, interest, and help. 🙂 I am truly blessed!